July 6, 2010
Happy Independence Day everyone,
I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Fourth. This week has been fun and the work has been good. We did have a few big events that happened this week. We got our new Mission President this week. His name is President Greer from Gilbert, Arizona. He and his wife are great and it is going to be great. I will miss the Belnap’s but this will be good. We had a meeting on Thursday with him. He talked a little bit about the time on his mission. President Greer’s Mission President was Elder M. Russell Ballard. he told us that when Elder Ballard set apart to be a Mission President, Elder Ballard told him that he would be checking the stats of our mission every month. I guess we need to pick up the pace. We had some great lessons this week as well. A few of our investigators are starting to make some progress. We are really trying to get them to church. That still seems to be one of the biggest problems that we face with investigators. It is something that is so important to each of us and even though it may seem like something small, it can make the biggest difference. This transfer is coming to a close on the 14th. I can't believe another one is almost over. It has been a tough transfer but it is finally coming together. We have been trying to find a lot more investigators and new people to teach. We have struggled but the Lord is blessing us now. It is a cool feeling to look back on the transfer and see the progress the area has made and the progress our companionship has made. Elder Zollinger and I are doing great and we see the tender mercies each day as we go out and serve.
So this week was the 4th of July. Holidays kind of take a hit on our week. People want to have their parties and not talk about the Gospel. So Saturday and Sunday we were mainly visiting members. We did get to see a few fireworks. The best way to describe the fireworks up here is an “active war zone”. All of the big artillery shells and big boom fireworks that are illegal at home are legal here. From about 9 at night until 1 o clock in the morning, it was a constant bang and they were going off in every direction. You didn't know where to look because there were so many fireworks going off. It is hard to describe the magnitude of it all. It was so cool though. On Saturday we got to see a few fireworks that the members were lighting off. Two people in our ward (the Bishop and Rex Harper) buy wholesale fireworks together and then light them off. It was SO insane. He had like ten artillery shell tubes and just tons and tons of other fireworks. It was so crazy. They didn't light like one at a time though. They had like five guys with torches going around constantly lighting things. It was amazing. The fourth was great here. The only problem is that as Missionaries we can't light of fireworks. It is probably a good thing. I would have way too much fun with the fireworks you can get here!
I am doing great and all is well. I am safe and well taken care of. I love you all tons and hope life is going great. Remember to replace fear with faith and keep building your testimony on a sure foundation.
Love,
Elder Draper
P.S. I hit my 9 month mark this last week! I hope you all have a great week and I hope to hear from you all soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment