Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I HAVE A 'GREENIE', I HAVE A 'GREENIE'......

July 13, 2010

Well hello everyone,

This week has been good but interesting at the same time. We had some great lessons with our investigators and just had a great time. This is the last week of transfers and the last week of transfers is usually tough, but this week turned out to be great. We are working with a man named Will Green. He is such an amazing guy. He has some struggles but his testimony grows each day. We had a lesson with him yesterday and he amazes me every time we talk with him. He talked about how he is trying to get his wife involved and how much easier it is when the whole family is involved and you are not alone. I am grateful that I have family around me supporting me in all I do.

The biggest thing of this week was on Saturday. We knew that transfer calls would be coming that day but we never know what time they will actually come. So we were sitting at this bbq place named Goldie’s, it is amazing food, and we get the call. We thought that we were going to be staying together for another transfer but we were wrong. We found out that Elder Zollinger is going to be transferred to Pasco. But the big news that hit me was that I am going to be training a new missionary! I will have ‘greenie’ of my own! It is going to be really weird being with a new missionary but it will be a great chance to learn and grow. The big shock is that President Belnap would call the trainers the night before and ask if we would accept the call. But Greer just told us in the transfer call and it was a big shock. I like the new mission president. He is going to be really good and keep the area going. Almost every companionship in my zone got changed and almost all the Zone Leaders in our Mission got changed around. I know that President Greer has a plan and we will see how it works out. The transfer has been great in the Orchards Ward. We really got to know the members and build member trust. It is always so great to have the members be involved and get excited about missionary work. I am really looking forward to this upcoming opportunity. It will help me be a better missionary and teach me a lot of things. The work has really picked up in the area and we have set a great tone for next transfer. I am going to miss Elder Zollinger. We got along really well and worked so great together.

The rest of the week was mainly just seeing less actives and a few investigators. Three of our progressing investigators went out of town this week but they will be back in the next few weeks. We did get a new investigator this week. Her name is Laura and is really looking for the truth. It will probably be a long time but she has great questions so we are dealing with those things right now.
I hope you are all having a great week and are replacing fear with faith. I am so grateful for this gospel and the chance I have to be spreading the Word and declaring the truth to those who our Heavenly Father has prepared. Stay safe and enjoy the nice weather.

Love you all,
Elder Draper

P.S. Will you tell Sue Outsen thanks so much for the Missionary Monthly. I got mine this week and it was so great. It really gave me a big boost. I love hearing how the friends are doing and I hope they are all staying safe.

As a matter of business, please have Candy Holmes and Sue Outsen just put the Mission address on letters in the future.

Washington Kennewick Mission
8656 W Gage Blvd, Suite #205
Kennewick, WA 99336

That way they won’t have to keep track of my moves. The office will just forward it to me.

Okay now to the family,

Sami, you are in my prayers. The surgery will go well and everything will be great. It will all work out. It sounds like the family is just moving along great again. I am doing great out here. I am really nervous to be training a new missionary. I am going to have an effect on this missionary’s whole mission. It is going to be interesting. Well this week has been great. I love being a missionary. I hope you are all doing well. Keep it up.

Love ya all.
Your little brother

No comments:

Post a Comment