Hey Everyone,
How are you guys doing? This week nothing really happened, I am sending a letter with a summary as well but I want to try and send an email one too. This week was just another week at the MTC. Last Thursday we went to the temple. Mom I am not going to tell you the time because it would be bad if you showed up. It was amazing as I sat in the temple and prayed for help with Mongolian. I could feel that I would get help and it would be alright. The next day we had to teach our first lesson in Mongolian. We had just finished translating our lessons on wed. and only had two days to try and memorize are sections. As we walked over to our teaching place we were all really nervous and started to forget stuff. Then as the time came to teach, my companions and I said a quick pray that we could teach with the spirit and be able to remember the lesson. When it was my turn to teach, the words that I needed to know came to my mind. We were able to make it through the first lesson and challenge them to read the book of Mormon. They were just practice investigators but it was still scary. That night we all felt pretty good about the lesson that we had taught. We were talking to some of the sister friends that we have met and telling them what had happened and how it went. Then my companion walked like 10 feet away and a teach thought it was inappropriate that I was talking to the sisters when my companion wasn’t right by my side. We all laughed about and the teacher went away. Oh well. On Saturday we had to do the usual service project that we always do. We go to the kitchen and help prepare food for the next day. On Saturday we had to marinate 2400 pieces of chicken. We all smelled like oil and garlic. During class that day we started off on preparing the second lesson. Sunday was a really amazing day. We did all the usual sacrament stuff and I had to pray during sacrament meeting. Then we had a great fireside about teaching with the spirit. The speaker was Richard I. Heaton. He said the definition of teaching with the spirit was “to say and to do what the lord would say and do and fell if he were the one teaching the investigator”. It was a really good lesson. Then we had the chance to watch the Joseph smith, a prophet of restoration movie. I love this movie so much. During the movie was the first time I have actually cried at the MTC. The spirit is always so strong when I watch that movie. Towards the end when he is going to Carthage and the bagpipes are playing Praise to the man, always brings tears to my eyes. I know that he suffered through the trials so that we could have the gospel in our lives and I am so grateful. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a prophet of god. HE did restore the church back to this earth. He translated the book through the power of god. I can’t wait until the day when I can give him a hug and thank him for the blessings that he restored by listening to our heavenly father. After the movie we were all on a spiritual high. But then we had to say goodbye to the Canadian elders. They came in the same day as us and were already to leave for the field. It is weird without them. The rest of this week has been okay. I had a 15 minute chat with some catholic women in the RC. I explained to her how the book of Mormon was another testament of Jesus Christ and the true gospel has been restored. She agreed to let the missionaries come over and teach her. I hope she accepts the message and is baptized, that would mean the world. Then yesterday was boring. We did find out that we would leave sometime in the week of Dec. 14. I can’t wait. The language is coming and I love it here.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful time and you are all in my prayers.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment