Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TO BASH OR NOT TO BASH......

19 April 2011

Well hello everyone,

So the weather has been getting a lot nicer up here in Pendleton. We have had a lot of rain but that doesn't bother me; in between the showers we have had some of the "bluest sky" days I have ever seen. As we drive around we look over all the rolling fields of wheat and see some truly majestic sights. With the good weather people are finally starting to come out of their houses and we have been talking to a lot of people. But remember that there is always opposition in all things. We have talked to a lot of very nice people and found some new potentials, but I think everyday brought one or two Bible bashers. Hence the subject of the email, “to bash or not to bash?, that is the question”. The answer is that bashing never gets you anywhere. Elder Liu and I did a good job though of keeping each other in check and staying calm. I think I heard just about every crazy Mormon myth this week. It is strange what lessons you can learn from every situation. As we were talking to each of these people and they were rambling on, I felt the Spirit so strong. No matter what people may say, I know what I know; the Spirit was only confirming that. My testimony of the Gospel took another leap up this week as Elder Liu and I confounded the people as we bore pure and sincere testimony. I know that this Church is true and in the words of Elder Holland, “no frankly pathetic attempt to prove it wrong has ever been successful”. It is all because this is the true church. We have a living Prophet on the earth. We have proof that we can hold in our hand to know that these things are true. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and it is that evidence that we can hold true and pray about. We have that promise that we can know, we just have to ask with a humble heart and a contrite spirit.

As you can tell I am a little fired up. Alma described how I am feeling in Alma 29:1-2. “O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth”. It is not a bad fired up but I wish there was more time in the day that I could go around Pendleton and declare the Gospel unto everyone; that I could lift the warning voice unto all those that sit in darkness. You wouldn't think getting yelled at all week would be a good thing, but I have grown a lot this week.

We had some good lessons with our investigators this week as well. We met with Levi Jones a couple of times this week. He is doing a lot better. We were a little worried about him but his fire has been relit and he is doing great. We found a new investigator this week for the young single adult branch. Her name is Rachel Webb. The best part about the lesson that we had with her was that we used the things we learned at Zone Conference. We had Zone Conference this week as well. We learned about receiving revelation through the Book of Mormon. That is exactly what we taught her. We used the introduction and invited her to read and pray about it. The Book of Mormon is how we can know the truth. No one can come to a full knowledge of the Gospel without the Book of Mormon.

Well I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. Remember why we celebrate it and remember our savior Jesus Christ. Replace fear with faith. Trust in Him and He will be there for us.

Happy Easter.

I Love you,

Elder M. Scott Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment