Tuesday, August 24, 2010

STAYING PUT IN VANCOUVER

Removing WASP nests from under the eaves.

August 24, 2010

Well hello everyone,
This week has been pretty good. I was reading over some of my last emails and I realized I say “great” a lot. But everything is going great. We are seeing people each day and people are finally coming back from their vacations. It is crazy to think that another transfer has come and gone. Elder Hoskin and I will be staying together for another transfer. I am excited to see what new adventures we will have. It is nice being able to be with a companion for more than six weeks. It takes about six weeks to get used to a companion, especially a greenie. HAHA. He is doing good though. I have seen him make so much progress since we have been together. We also found out that pretty much every companionship in our zone will be training this next transfer. We will have seven greenies, including the two others that came out with Hoskin.
This last week was a good one. Nothing really too exciting happened throughout the week though. We did do a lot of service. I haven't done it in awhile and it was nice to get out of the suit for a little bit and serve the people in the area. We cleaned out gutters, knocked down like fifty wasps nests and finished painting the house we have been working on. It took us three days to get it looking good. It looked great after the second day but there were a few places that I saw that needed a little bit of work. No one would have noticed the spots but I knew they were there. We were sitting there admiring our work and it looked like it was done by a professional. We also did some yard work last night for Family Home Evening. It was a good chance for one of our investigators to get to know some of the members in the ward.

Nothing really to grand happened this week but it was fun. We did see a few more investigators and taught some people we have never been able to get a hold of. During our weekly planning session I decided that we needed to do a transfer summary. We looked at the progress that has been made this transfer and the new people that we have seen. When I first got into this area we only had like ten people to see. That included investigators and less actives. Now we have a list of like thirty people that we see regularly. Even though we haven't had a baptism in this area it is great to see the success that is coming from working hard. We have so many set appointments this week and we are really excited for this transfer. I have a feeling we may get a baptism this transfer. It is going to be really hard but we can do it.

So a few funny things happened this week. We were sitting in our apartment and Elder Hoskin was being a smart-alec and thought he was being cool. Then he leaned back in his chair and thought the wall was close behind him. It wasn't! He totally fell straight back and just sat there. It was so funny. Then another funny thing is that we went over to our “etern-i-gator's” house, Dick Nance. We asked him how long he had been seeing the missionaries, he was like "back in 85 we moved here, it wasn't long after that that you boys started coming over". He knows it is true and has been investigating for like twenty five years. He just doesn't want to be a part of a specific religion.

I hope you guys have a great week. Love you tons and keep up the good work. Pray always and replace fear with faith.

Love,
Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment