Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TRANSFER WEEK, JUST A LITTLE SAD.....

Elder Draper on the corner of Oakhurst and 102nd Street. Leaving his first area.....


Well hello everyone,


How is everyone doing this week? This week has been really good but crazy at the same time. The Oakhurst ward is doing great and the work is really picking up. I have seen so much growth in the ward. Our investigators are doing good. Shari is still doing amazing and we had a great lesson with her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When I asked her if she had prayed to know it was true, she said something that really hit me. She said "truth resonates" and that she knew it was true from the peace and comfort she gets when she talks to us. Dalyn's testimony is still strong and last Sunday he bore a great testimony about the Book of Mormon. His grandparents are just holding him back. We were told that his grandpa wasn't going to let him come to church anymore so I am really worried. We are trying to get in contact with him to see what is going on. We have new people that we teach each day. I don't know what it has been about the last few weeks but the spirit has been really strong in our lessons. We are working well together and the work is really moving forward. The Lord truly blesses those who work hard. The bad thing is that I found out on Saturday that I am getting transferred. That's right, transferred. I am leaving my greenie area and heading to the North Stake. The funny thing is that my new area is across the street from the Oakhurst ward. I didn't think it would be this hard to say goodbye to people that I have only known for six months but I have really grown to love the people. I was looking back on my time in the Oakhurst ward and I am so grateful for all the experiences I have had and the people I have met. My new companion is named Elder Zollinger. I will move tomorrow to my new area. This last weekend the missionaries moved to new housing as well. We moved from the Houston’s to the Franklins. So I guess it is nice that I am packed up already. This week has been so great. I finished reading John and I am learning so much. This week’s letter is going to be short because not a lot happened but I am doing great. Just saying goodbye to a few last people and preparing to embark on a new phase of my journey. We all need to take that next step if we are ever going to achieve our full potential. Strive to live our best each and every day and just keep pressing forward. Love you all and remember to replace fear with faith.


Love you all,


Elder Draper


P.S. My new address is 13608 NE 72nd STREET #B14 Vancouver, WA 98682



Hey family (edited):


As you can tell this week has been good. I really love getting the emails each week. It makes me smile. I really look forward to them. Life in the WKM is great. The weather here is bi-polar as well. We have huge down pores for five minutes then it is 70 degrees and blue skies for the next hour. Then rain again. I am always wet.

I hope everyone is having a great time. I miss you all. Sorry this letter is kinda boring. I didn't think it would be this hard to get transferred but it is kinda sad. I love my mission and I am so grateful to be out here serving the Lord. Thanks for all you guys do for me. I couldn't do it without you. You hear of missionaries who are disowned for going on a mission. I don't know if I could be that strong. Luckily I don't have to be. I have the best family in the world. I am so grateful for the things that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with.


Well I hope you all have a great week and hope to hear from ALL of you soon!! (haha). I love you tons.


Love, Elder Draper


P.S. Mom, Sister Nashif only supplies me with like orange crush and that soda like that. She only has unleaded diet Coke in her pop fridge so it is no good to me! Haha, kidding.



No comments:

Post a Comment