May 25, 2010
Well hiddy-ho there;
How is everyone doing this fine May week? I hope everyone is enjoying the snow back home. That is one thing that I truly miss about Utah, the beautiful snow. I would much rather have the snow than the rain. The rain has picked back up here in Washington. I thought we would get out of it but it is back in full force. The problem is the weather up here is so bi-polar. It can be raining one minute then the next it is sunny. Either way we are always slightly damp. I have almost just given up on wearing a rain coat. It is too hot to wear one when we bike and it only rains for like three minutes so... what can you do.
Life up here is going so great. I really love Vancouver. The Oakhurst ward is really picking up. We had another lesson with the lady that we have on date for the 12th. She is so ready. She said the closing prayer in our lesson and it was so great. She even asked her Heavenly Father to bless her with Sundays off so she could come to church. I was really impressed. We have another meeting with her this coming week so we will see how that goes.
We had another great lesson with a lady named Casey. The best part about our lesson with her was not what we talked about, but when she was talking about here personal study. She simply said with a big smile "I am finally beginning to understand it". I just thought that was a cool statement. She is seeing the importance of the Gospel and has already seen the blessing of it in her life. Yesterday we had a great lesson with a part-member family as well. We talked about scripture study and church. We bore strong testimony and the Spirit was strong. We have never gotten them to commit to anything really and they finally agreed to come to sacrament meeting on Sunday and start reading the Book of Mormon as a family.
I am really excited about the work that is happening in the area. This week has just been so fun. We also found out that we will probably be moving on the 29th. I am not sure of the new address but I will get it on the blog soon. Nothing else big has really happened this week but it has been a great week. We have knocked on a lot of doors. It is funny to ride down the street and be able to say that you have talked to a lot of the people that are out walking. I know the Lord has blessed us with success and I know it will get even better as we keep giving it our all. I hope everyone is staying safe and is enjoying life. Always remember to replace fear with faith and to live without regrets.
Love you all
Elder Scott Draper
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment