May 11, 2010
Hello again.
This week has been really good. Not only because I got to talk to my family but it really was a step up from last week. Last week was just one of those down weeks that come sometimes. It always amazes me that when the greatest good is happening, the greatest opposition is at hand. But if we endure the opposition well the blessings truly come. This last week testified that to me. We had great lessons with all of our investigators and just had some great experiences. We are working with this lady who used to be a member of the Church and now she wants to be re-baptized. Our bishop asked us to teach her all the lessons again and just work with her for a little bit. This last week we had a really great lesson with her. At the end of the lesson she bore her testimony to us that she found out that the Book of Mormon is true. She said that she was afraid of the answer that she would get because her whole family is anti. But she said she loved the answer she got and it made her so happy. That was one of those experiences that really boost’s my testimony to know that I am doing the right thing. I am out here helping people find the answers they are looking for. We have a few less active people that we are working with. One of them we are just simply sitting down and reading the Book of Mormon with him. He knows that the Book and the Church are true but his circumstances don't allow him to come to church. He is a great guy and every time we read with him the spirit is so strong. His roommate doesn't really participate but she will sit in the other room and listen to us as we read. We will see if anything comes of that. It is just so fun helping people feel the spirit and help them recognize that they do have a Heavenly Father who loves them very much.
On Sunday I got to call home. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. It was so good to hear from my family and to just talk with them. That was really one of the biggest highlights from the week. Family always comes first for me. I am so grateful for the family that I have. As I am out here I see so many families that are broken or having a hard time. It makes me sad to see that. Luckily I know that I can live with my family forever.
Well this week has been great. We taught over twenty lessons this week and just moved the work forward. We have decided to start tracking a lot more. We have already seen the blessing that can come from that. Oh, so I have decided that even though I am in the WKM (Washington Kennewick Mission) I can still speak Mongolian. I might as well keep up my language. That has been another goal that we have set for the next few weeks. We are going to reinstate language study. I am going to teach Elder Winkley to speak Mongolian and in doing so I will build back up my language. Well I hope everyone is being safe and having a great time back home. I love you and remember to replace fear with faith.
Love,
Elder Draper
No comments:
Post a Comment