Hey everyone,
this week has been good but kinda slow. I love every minute up here in Washington and am learning a ton. I am learning a lot about the gospel and also myself. We didn’t have anything to big happen this week but it was still a busy week. I tell you about it.
Tuesday 2/23/10
it was a great p-day. We played with the other elders and just chilled. That night we had one of the best dinners I have had yet. We went to red lobster with sister Weckesser and the Olsens for sister Weckesser’s birthday. We have been helping here paint her whole house and she wanted us to come with. We had lobster steak and shrimp. It was so good. We finished here whole house this week and it looks good. I have become quite good at painting.
Wednesday 2/24/10
we had a great district meeting. The APs came and it was just good to talk with them. We went to lunch with them after the meeting and it was just a good boost to see how they talked to everyone and set a good example for all of us. I have been trying to talk with everyone and I get more and more confident with each person I talk to.
Thursday 2/25/10
I love Thursdays because we get to go meet with the Herrera family. They are so cool and I just love meeting with them. Mario is making a lot of progress and maybe something will happen this week. Then we contacted a few referrals and met some good people that we hope call us back.
Friday 2/26/10
we just gave it our all on Friday. It was hard to get rejected a lot but it was good to know that we were working hard and going to try and find new people.
Saturday 2/27/10
we had a really full day with service and lessons. We started off by pulling ivy with the other elders at the palmers. Then we went to the Rios’ and had a great lesson. They finally got a house. They are getting kicked out of their apartment this week and need a place and they finally got one. I am so happy for them. They have strong testimony and are great members. They have been coming to church each week and I see how it blesses their family. Then we had dinner at the gablers. Brother gabler is such an awesome man but he suffers from Parkinson’s disease. He is one of those guys that have a place in heaven. He isn’t doing very well and we gave him a blessing. The spirit was so strong and it was a really good blessing.
Sunday 2/28/10
we gave another blessing today. It was good to give the blessing and just feel the spirit guide me. Then we went and saw the mendezs. We love them and it is hard to see them go through the trials they are going through. They are to coolest family but the dad has started dialysis and it is hard for the family. I hope all will turn out well for him.
Monday 3/1/10
March is already here and it was good to just sit down and look back on what we accomplished in February. It was nice to set goals and set expectations for myself for this month. I hope I can live up to them and give it my all. On Monday we did a little bit more service and just had good meetings. Then that night we played soccer with the Rios family. It is fun to play soccer with them and help them grow as a family and make new friends in the ward.
Well this is my week in review. It was a good week and this week will be even better.
Love you all. Stay safe and remember the lord in all our doings.
Love elder draper
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment