Monday, December 7, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

HELLO FROM THE MTC
I hope everyone is having a wonderful thanksgiving at home with their families. On this day of thanksgiving I just want to say that I am grateful for all the people around me who have stayed such great friends and who have raised me to be whom I am today. I am grateful for this gospel and having the opportunity to go out and teach the gospel to people in Mongolia. This gospel has blessed me so much and I know it will continually bless me if I continue to follow it. I am grateful for my family who is always supportive and sends their love. I want to thank anyone who has a played a part in my life.
And know my week in review:
Thursday,
It was an okay day that nothing really happened. I did get to leave the MTC and go with my companion to the health clinic to get his knee checked out. It was a bad reason to go out but I love seeing the outside world. They should let the missionaries go out a few times before they go into the field so when they get there they can still associate with the public and not just be in amazement with the outside world. Then at night I found out that in my family picture, some of the elders here think my little sister looks older than me. I was kind of butt hurt but not really. I just thought it was funny.
Friday,
I got to go off campus again with my companion. He had to go to physical therapy that day. It was so nice going off campus. I could enjoy it this time and not be shell shocked. I love the MTC but there is so much else going on in life. Then we had to teach our lesson on word of wisdom in Mongolian. It was hard because we really didn’t have any time to prepare our lesson this week because it was crazy. We did a good job though and got our points across. We are slowly but surely getting a lot better at Mongolian. I can finally understand parts of what are teachers are saying.
Saturday,
this was just a good day that we got a lot of studying done. Then Tamir (the elder from Mongolia) taught me to say no worries in Mongolian. I use it all the time now. Then that night after gym, something happened that was really funny in my mind. We were playing urban cowboy. For those who don’t know what that is. It is when you run and jump on someone’s back and see how long you can hold on without before they buck you off. I jumped on one of the elders back and apparently he has an anger problem. None of us knew that. He then decided to resort to violence and took a swing at me. He missed but I just couldn’t help but laugh at it. We are all good now but it a funny story that I can tell from the MTC.
Sunday,
we had a good Sunday. We finally got released from being zone leader. It was fun but it is someone else’s turn now. That night we had a great fireside from Stephen B Allen. He talked about a few things but he had two main things. The first was that we need to measure our missions on how well we followed the teachings in D&C 4 and not on how many baptisms. Then he talked about 8 main things that we should be thankful for from the restoration.1. We know who god is 2.the atonement 3. The gift of the Holy Ghost 4.living prophet’s 5.the priesthood 6. Book of Mormon 7.temple blessings 8. Answers to life’s questions.
Monday,
we started our English training on Monday. They didn’t really teach us anything. They gave us a few pointers and we have to teach our first English lesson this Saturday to some of the international missionaries. That’s about all that happened Monday. I was at section 50 in the D&C. now I am at D&C 65. I hope I will finish my goal of reading the whole D&C before I leave the MTC.
Tuesday,
This was the best day I have had in the MTC for awhile. It started off really slow and we didn’t do much. Then we got to go to the RC. I had the best experience there. I talked with some lady on a chat for like an hour and a half. She was so interested in the gospel and was really a golden investigator. She was curious about how we can be saved and was confused a little bit about baptisms for the dead. I gave her a lot of scriptures to back up what I was saying. Then I urged her to meet with the missionaries. She wasn’t sure if she was ready but I bore my testimony that this gospel was true and she just needed to take that leap of faith. I have heard from many missionaries that you love you investigators. I finally felt that when I was talking to this lady. I truly cared for her and wanted her to find the truth. I have been praying for her a lot and I hope it works out. This made me so much more excited to get out in the field and serve the people. I thought that night couldn’t get any better. Then we went to the devotional. We got our second big dog. Elder Dallin H Oaks came and spoke to us. He gave a great message on how we need to get a better picture of who we are and remember what we are called to do. We need to remember that we are all sons and daughters of god. He loves us so much. Also remember that we are called to preach the gospel that has been restored to save the living and the dead. He also challenged that we need to become true missionaries of our heavenly father. It is more than just achieving. We need to have a mighty change of heart. When we become a true missionary we will have be more likely to do all we can to serve the lord. It was an amazing talk and I am so grateful for it. He is an apostle of the lord and we are blessed to have a living prophet and other authorities to help lead our church in these latter days.
Wednesday,
this was just a random day that our schedule was kind of screwed up because of thanksgiving. We got to go to the temple because we don’t get a p day this week. Then at night we got to start out progressing investigator. We are teaching our teachers like they are pretend investigators.

That is about all the happened.
This is my week in review. Remember that nobody should live their lives with regret. Also we shouldn’t take our selves too seriously; we will never make it out alive. So everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Eat an extra plate for me. I am just getting ready to go to a morning devotional. Hope we get a general authority again.


Just a few other things, I can’t freaking believe RSL won. That is crazy. It proves all the people wrong that a soccer stadium was a bad idea.

Love you all.
You favorite elder,
Elder Scottie Draper


No comments:

Post a Comment