Monday, December 7, 2009

Go Cougars!

*i apologize for the delay on posting the past two weeks- its a crazy time of year!! Stay tuned for lots of great pictures coming soon!! - erin*

Well hello everybody-
Life at the MTC is going okay. We are all getting a little tired of the food and the schedule but we keep on going. We found out some news about the visas this week. We found out that the church has almost taken care of the problems and we should have them in about a month. This means that we will probably have to stay here for an extra couple weeks and stay over Christmas. I am fine staying here I am just really anxious to get out. It doesn’t help this week that I have a cold and can’t stop coughing. I got it from my companions and we are all kind of sick. It is hard to learn a language when you have a constant headache. So know it is time for my annual week in review.

GO COUGARS!! Hall’s comments were a little harsh but I thought they were funny over all. It is amazing what a big deal people make about it. If they had won they wouldn’t be saying anything about it. People just need to have something to complain about. We do it when we lose too. People just need to realize it is a game and to just move on with life. They act like he went up and smacked their mom. Everyone needs to take a chill pill.


Thursday-
In my last email I explained the great thinks that happened on thanksgiving. The rest of the day was okay. We did a service project but that’s about it. I love thanksgiving and am so grateful for everything I have.
Friday-
Fridays always seem to be really stressful. It is probably because we have to teach our lessons in Mongolian. This last week we had to teach about the law of chastity. My companions and I did a good job and got our message across. I can see how my language is improving as I become more confident in what I am saying. On Friday the senior couples got cleared to go to Mongolia. They are going to go on a visitor pass and get their visas while they are over there. I am so happy. They actually leave today. That night we were all exhausted and just were just playing little games. One of our companions got a paddle ball toy in the mail. Somehow we worked it into a vocab game. Elder Kunzler had the record at 85 seconds. It amazes me how much the little things entertain us now.
Saturday-
On Saturday all I could do was laugh, we could hear the stadium and the crowd but we couldn’t hear the announcements. So my companions and I tried to find the closest place to the stadium that we could get. When we found it, there were about 15 elders right up against the fence. They had their hands cupped around their ears and were trying to do the same thing we were. Luckily I have been to enough games to know that when the band plays a certain thing I know what is happening. I was so excited when I found out they won and of course it was in dramatic fashion. GO COUGARS!!! Then we had to go back to doing mission stuff. We taught our progressing investigator and also our first English lesson that day. It is a lot harder to teach English than you would think. We got through it and did a good job.
Sunday-
It was a slow day. The only major thing that happened was the fireside. It was a great talk. We kind of got yelled at but in a good way. When bro Swensen was talking he spoke very boldly and strait forward but you could tell that he cared. He spoke about how we need to obey with exactness. When we obey we need to do it with a willing attitude. Don’t do it because we have to but because we want to. Also he spoke about how we need to be grateful for everything we have. This talk really gave me a boost and helped me regain some motivation. As I have followed what he said and obey with a willing attitude I can already see how the lord is blessing me.
Monday-
This was the day that I got sick and I am not happy about it. Even though I was sick I still got a lot done. I finished my whole lesson on tithing so now I only have to memorize it. It was good to get it done early and not have to worry about translating throughout the week. That’s about all that happens on Mondays.
Tuesday-
This was the day we found out about our visas. We have mixed emotions about it but overall we are happy. Some of us don’t want to stay here and longer. I am fine with it and just whatever happens, happens. That night we had a great devotional from brother and sister Lant. Sister Lant is the church primary president. She gave a great talk that really boosted our moral. She said that we are all just primary kids that have grown a foot or two. That made me laugh but it is true. Then she likened the missionaries to the 2000 stripling warriors which was really cool. There are a lot of similarities that I never thought about. Then she talked about have we need to have faith to replace the fear in our lives. When we have fear it replaces the faith. It was a great talk and I really needed it.
Wednesday-
Our teacher gave us a hand out that went right along with the talk from the night before. Then he said, “if we want to be successful, we need to be fearless. Fears hold us back from what we can accomplish. If we don’t take that step of faith, what a waste it would be. Don’t be afraid to try, just do it. Replace the fear with faith and the replace the darkness with light.” It was a great thing that really helped all of us. I am so happy that I have faith that everything will be alright. I know that as my faith grows, my fears will go away.

We got new missionaries in yesterday. I saw Keaton right as he was walking into the MTC. I was good to see him. Also that night I messed with the new elders in my district. I only spoke Mongolian to them and convinced them that I was Mongolian and from Mongolia. I don’t know how they believed me but they did. I am going to try and keep it up tonight and we will see how it goes. It just makes me laugh.
So this is my week in review. Remember to always live without regrets and replace fear with faith.

I love you all and hope you are having wonderful Christmas season.

Hope to hear from many of you.
Love,
Elder M Scottie Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment