6 September 2011
Greetings!
Not a lot has happened in the few days since I wrote on Saturday. Life is going great as usual and I love each day. Elder Gudjenov and I are doing great together and we are working hard. We are seeing miracles occur each day. We have twenty new missionaries coming into the mission field today. We are going to go pick them up in about an hour. It is so much fun picking them up and getting to know each of them.
The office life is going great also. I had some revelation this last week about one of the big benefits of being an Assistant. I get the experience of balancing a full time job with a church calling and finding the time to do both! The office staff is doing pretty good. For Labor Day the Bodmers invited us, the Wilsons, and the Greer’s over for a BBQ. It was simple but it was fun. The Bodmers are great people.
We had an unwelcomed surprise this last week with Elder Bodmer when we found out that he has Leukemia and it started to flare up. He has been doing chemotherapy. They are still great though all that and still had us all over for a BBQ and they still have high spirits. They are a great example of finding joy even when there is adversity. The Greer’s are doing great as well. They are amazing and really do love each of us. Sister Greer reminds me a lot of you, mom. We decided that we haven't really been meeting a whole lot so we are going to start meeting every Monday morning which will be awesome.
Kathy McKinney is going great. She is still excited to be baptized. Arna never ended up coming to church but we are going to try and go by sometime this week to see them. This week will be a little bit busier with transfers and all that stuff. We will only have about two and a half days in our area which will be rough but we will make it work.
I think I will probably just send this email for today to you guys. That is about all that has happened in the past few days. Life is good and I love being out here. This next six weeks are going to be some crazy ones but I know that there will be many more miracles that will occur. I hope you all stay safe and have a great week. I love you all so much and pray for you each and every day.
Love,
Elder M Scott Draper
No comments:
Post a Comment