Thursday, August 4, 2011

ANOTHER WEEK

CREEPY!!!

18 July 2011

Hello there,

It was another crazy week in the Washington, Kennewick Mission but I wouldn't have had it any other way. This week we had three ‘trainings’ and still were able to get a lot of work done in our area. It is amazing how the Lord truly does qualify and sustain those He calls. It always seems like there is not enough time in the day but as we have relied on the Lord and just trusted in Him, it has been amazing to see how things have just worked out. We had some wonderful training sessions this week where we got to meet with all the Leaders in the mission (District and Zone leaders). We spent one day with all the Leaders on the east side and one day with all the Leaders on the west. We got to talk a lot about various topics such as the Book of Mormon, how ordinances are orderly and then broke off into three groups and talked more about how we can fulfill our responsibilities as Missionaries. It was a great meeting. Then on Saturday and Monday we got to have a meeting about the role of the Holy Ghost in Conversion. It is one of the new fundamental lessons that the Church has given to missionaries to help them not only in their teaching but to truly help the missionary become converted. It has been slow but I have started to recognize more and more how the Holy Ghost works in my life and how it has helped me to gain a testimony and work towards being converted. The Holy Ghost is everything in the conversion process. As missionaries we are not the teachers, we are just simply there to preach the Gospel. It has amazed me how much I have been able to learn as I have prepared these ‘trainings’ and shared them with the missionaries.

During this week I also got to go on exchange with some more of the Zone leaders. I spent a night with the Longview Zone Leaders and last night I was with the Richland Zone Leaders. Both exchanges went really well. We were able to teach and learn from each other. I learned the importance of loving everyone when I was in Longview. Everyone can find bad things about everyone but as we try to look for the best in everyone it will make life that much better. When I was with the Richland Elders we took some time for companionship study and studied 2 Nephi 32:9. We were talking about prayer and what it means when it says that He will consecrate our performances unto thee. We decided that as we pray with a sincere heart and real intent, the Lord with consecrate (sanctify/ purify) our performances. When that happens, those actions will be for the benefit of our soul. It was a cool bit of revelation that just became clear as we studied.

Even with all this going on we were still able to accomplish some good things in our area. We found four new investigators this week and most of them seem interested. We found them all by simply talking to everyone. Both times we were tired and about to go home but we decided to talk to just one more person or go try and see one more person.

We had a great lesson with the Frankeburger family and THEY CAME TO CHURCH!!! We were so excited to see them there. They walked in a little late and I just about jumped out of my seat to go greet them. I contained myself but they said they had a pretty good time. Things are moving forward in both of our areas. We have noticed that the busier we are with stuff in the mission that our area just seems to be blessed. Things work out and people are placed in our path.

Well, that was about the five minute wrap-up of everything that went down this week. I love being a part of this work and getting the chance to go out every day and to spread the Gospel. You just have to keep going and never give up. I hope you all have a wonderful week and replace fear with faith.

Love

Elder M Scott Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment