Hello,
It always seems like each week we have a new experience or a miracle that happens. There is always opposition in it though. The principle of opposition in all things was manifest this week. But no matter what happens the good always out shines the bad.
We finally were able to get some work going in our second area. We cover two wards but one of them is usually by referral only. We had never gone out there so last Sunday we did and they ended up having some people to teach. On Tuesday we went out there again and we had an opportunity to teach a man named EJ. He is dating a member and we are trying to get her active as well. He was really shy at first but as we taught about how
the Gospel can really bless his life and his family’s life, he really started to open up. He told us about his childhood and some struggles that he went
through. He has never really had a strong family and that is why he is looking for something so he can make his family strong. We were able to testify that the gospel of Jesus Christ will bring our families closer together and that there is lasting happiness that comes by being obedient to the commandments. It was a great lesson. At the end we soft committed him to baptism and he said he
would pray about it.
The other amazing lesson we had this week was one of the miracles that we saw. Her name is Nalani Anderson and she has been taught by the missionaries on and off for the last little while. She had been in one of
her down times when her life just kind of hit rock bottom. She noticed how her life had changed since she stopped meeting with the missionaries so she wanted
to start back up. So we taught her the doctrine of Christ and discussed how having the gift of the Holy Ghost can really help guide you and your family in these hard times. Then we challenged her to be baptized. She said "YES" so she is on date for the 25th of June. We are super excited
for her but now we need another miracle. She has set dates before but wanted to make sure her husband was okay with it. He has always said no and just kind of laughed in her face about it. He is a very nice guy but has a strong SDA background. I am pretty sure she is going to go through with it anyway on the 25th but we are praying that his heart will be softened and
that he will be okay with it. If you could keep her in your prayers as well that would be wonderful. She said "it is time for me to get baptized. I know that having the gift of the Holy Ghost is going to help me out a lot. He will help me stand as a stronger witness of the Gospel to my family and He will be there to comfort me even more when I am having a hard time." I love this gospel. I love my mission and the wonderful opportunities I have to share this message with those around me.
We found a few more people that were interested in hearing more. We are finding success all over the place. The Lord will bless us as we make sacrifices and align our will with His.
This week was another ZLC. It was the first one that I was giving the training at and I was a little nervous. Elder
Garrick and I had been praying about his all week. We weren’t quite sure what we wanted to tell the zone leaders or what message would help them out most. We were thinking about those people who were the greatest role models in our lives and how they helped us to grow. We narrowed it down to having faith, hope and charity. In my life those people that have helped me out the most have been the ones who have truly loved me. They wanted what is best for me. It hit me that those three qualities all relate so closely together. You need to have all three. If
one starts to lose faith or hope their thoughts begin to turn to themselves. They think "why me" and doubts creep into their minds. Once that happens it is impossible to love others. We can’t love others when we are only thinking of ourselves. Love is the greatest thing we can give to anyone. It is irreplaceable and can make all the difference. The smallest acts of love can soften even the toughest hearts. Christ showed the ultimate act of love when he died for us and has always pleaded with us to soften our hearts and come unto Him. He will give us rest and make our burdens light. I am still working on it
each day and striving to love those around me. Sometimes it is hard, but it breaks my heart walking down the street and seeing people struggle. I wish I could fix everything for them and just make it all right. Then I remember that no matter what situation a person is in, the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bring the comfort
into their life. That is why I do this. That is why I am still out on my mission. It is to help others experience the blessing that have come to my family and to me. We have an infinite potential to become like our Father in Heaven. As we remember that and replace fear with faith, we can do anything.
There is a quote that I heard this week from Jesus, the Christ”. With Christ, they were apostles of the Lord,
without Christ they were just unschooled Galileans, many of them fishermen”. With Christ we can do all things. We will be supported in all aspects of life. We can achieve our full potential. It won’t take the trials away but it will make it easier to endure them. All He asks us is to “look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not”. I know that He loves us and wants what is best for us. Even when we may feel that we have everything under control, we must trust in the Lord. He is there and He is waiting to help us. I have no doubt in my mind that He is my Savior and the it is because of Him that I can be with my family forever and return to be with him one day.
I love you and hope you all have a wonderful week. We have transfer planning coming up this week so it will be busy but I hope you remember your full potential and
never live beneath it.
Love
Elder M Scott Draper
No comments:
Post a Comment