Thursday, February 24, 2011

BUSY!!

February 1, 2011

Well hello,

This week was one of those weeks that I am happy to be through. A lot of great things happened but I am just glad it is over. Last week p-day was on Monday because of a two day training session in the tri-cities. So Elder Curtis and I were up there for that. We learned some great stuff about how to be more effective missionaries and leaders. After training on the first day we got to go out with some missionaries in the area and do some work. Elder Kaleopa and I were together and we went out and tracted. Of course the area was new to both of us so we went and found the biggest houses to tract. Needless to say we found them and they were huge; like ‘mansion’ status. One of the houses we tracted into was named Kimo. He played for the Steelers when they won the Super Bowl in 2005. His house was so big it was just ridiculous. The other houses were just so big. For those from Utah, these houses were bigger than the ones in Pepperwood.

So after the second day of training we headed back down towards Walla Walla and I went on exchange with some Elders there. We had such a good exchange and we were able to use the things that I learned in training. Elder Stewart and I were able to challenge someone to be baptized. They said yes and they just wanted to pray about it to make sure. The next day Elder Lemperle and I exchanged back right before dinner so we weren't able to really get a lot done. Then on Friday I finally had a full day in my own area. It was so nice to be able to work with our investigators. Well it would have been nice to work with our investigators, but all of our appointments fell through so we ended up tracting for like two hours. We are still trying to find and teach but it is still slow. I was reading in Mosiah 24. It talks about how the people of Alma were being persecuted. I came to verse 15 and it can really apply to all of us. "And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord." All we need to do is trust in the Lord and be patient then everything will work out. That is just how it is. So even though we are not finding a lot of people, I know that it will turn around as we just keep pressing forward.

Saturday I was on another exchange with Elder Curtis. The nice part about that one was that I got to go back to my old area. It was nice to see all those people. I was able to have a lesson with Dona and Waltra and they are doing fantastic. They are working with a less active family and trying to get them to come back. Then Sunday and Monday were great and busy. So I guess the story of this week is busy and not being in my area. I was in my area about half of the time. This week will be interesting as well because it is Elder Lemperle's last week. He goes home next Monday. So we are just going to be going a million miles an hour trying to keep him busy. It will be fun. I hope you have a wonderful week and remember the promise in Mosiah 24 that if we will be faithful we will be blessed and we can be delivered out of any trial. Be safe this week and replace fear with faith.

Love Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment