5 October 2010
Well hi-die ho there everyone,
So yes, I am officially on the down slope. I hit my year mark this last week. I cannot believe I have been out that long. I have been pondering what I have done on my mission so far. I have learned so much and grown a ton. My love for the gospel has grown so much. It also helps that we were able to hear Conference this week. Wasn't it so amazing? This week has just been full of fun times and great memories.
Last Tuesday, we got to go to the temple. The temple is so amazing and even if you are just on the grounds you can feel that it is special. I have seen the temple in every season. It always looks amazing and is so peaceful to be there. Last p-day we also go to go fly fishing with a member of our ward. It was so fun. I caught like five or six fish. I have always wanted to learn and Brother Smith was more than happy to teach us. We just fished for some trout and I caught some monsters. Don't worry though we also did some “fishing of men”.
We had some awesome lessons this week. So Will Green called us on Saturday and wanted us to come over soon. We were a little sad because he wasn't going to make it for his baptismal date. So we go over there and end up having one of the best lessons with Will. He has been trying really hard lately and he is finally seeing the blessings. He endured the tough times and his family is seeing the blessings. We talked for awhile and we were going to give him a new date, but decided to ask him what his goals are. Then we just asked him what the next step is that will help him achieve that goal. We let him make the decision for himself that he wanted to be baptized. We gave him a new date for November 13th and to stop smoking by November 1st. It was so cool as he explained that happiness he has felt this last week. He said he could not explain with words how grateful he is. He knows that the blessings are from his Heavenly Father and that he needs to do his part now.
We also had a lesson with Chanelle. She has been doing great. She brought up her baptism in this lesson. She said she has been really thinking about it and she is thinking it is something that she really wants to do.
The work here is going great. It always seems like I get transferred when the work is picking up. I was looking at the first week I was here compared to now and I am so happy with the work that has happened. I feel that I have been an effective instrument in the hands of the Lord since I have been here. I have seen our teaching pool increase, members getting involved in the work and truly come to an understanding that this is the Lords work. I know that it is only with His help that we can do this work. There is no other way. Getting transferred is part of the work and I know that I am needed in where ever I am going. These transfers are a little different. They aren't telling us where we are going. They just sent us a message and said these people are getting transferred. Pack up your bags and go to the transfer site. You will find out your new assignment there. Elder Hoskin is going to be staying in our area and I know he is ready to take it over. There is a lot of great work going on.
So like I said I hit my year mark this last week. I thought some big thing would happen but it was just another day. It is amazing though. I wish I still had another two years. It has gone by so fast. I actually burned two shirts on my year mark. The first one I burned with the Goins family. It was so fun. Then after priesthood session I burned another one. I figure we have to let our destructive nature out somehow. This is the weirdest stage in my life. I love this work and the fact that I get to do it, but I can't believe I only have twelve months left.
So conference was amazing. I could write pages and pages about it but I will leave it at I loved it. I took like ten pages of notes and got a lot of answers to questions that I had. I received a lot of revelation for the people in this area. Those messages are truly inspired and I know that if we will hearken unto their words we will truly be blessed. I loved the talk about being grateful. I truly am so grateful for everything I have in my life. I see people around me everyday who are struggling to live, who are plagued with addiction and just are constantly facing trials. I see how lucky I am to have been raised the way I was and to have the wonderful family that I do. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and guidance that comes from it. I truly have an attitude for gratitude for everything in my life. I also like the talk about fly fishing and how Satan uses different lures to catch us. It really applies because we went fly fishing this week. He knows each of us and knows what catches our attention. Just avoid addiction at all costs. We lose our ability to choose when we become addicted.
Well I hope you each have a great week. I will let you know next week where I go. Have a wonderful week and be safe. Replace fear with faith and have an attitude of gratitude.
Love you,
Elder Draper
No comments:
Post a Comment