Hello everybody,
so this week was good but nothing really great happened. Just doing the work in Washington. The week in review.
Tuesday-
just another p day. Nothing really great happened. I got nailed in the face playing firey darts but other than that nothing happened.
Wednesday-
it kind of sucked but nothing happened this day either. We tried to contact as many people as we can. We knocked on a ton of doors but no one was home. It was kind of depressing because we tried really hard but no one was open. All we could say at the end of the day was BALLS (be a loving lords servant). That made us laugh but we knew we just needed to keep going.
Thursday-
We got to start our day of with interviews with president belnap. It was really good to get the training from them and get to talk with them. I thought it would be like a big intense interview but he asked me three questions gave me a hug and that was it. I was like okay. That works. That night we had a great lesson with Judith. We are trying to get her over the fact that she needs to try and follow all of god’s commandments and not just a few. Also that it is not the church that is against some of her political views but it is god that says they are not right. Also this day I just finished second Nephi in the BOM again. I am doing the challenge president belnap gave us. Oh I let DEloach cut my hair too. He did a good job. I was getting long and I didn’t want to spend any money on a haircut.
Friday-
waking up has been an issue so I woke up and made breakfast for us. I made some great pancakes that woke both of us up and got our day moving. It was a nice way to start the morning. After studying and everything, we went to sally Ross' house. When we got there she started crying and just said we came at the right time and she just needs someone to talk to. We had a wonderful visit with her and it made my day that we could help her like that. That night we didn't have a dinner so we resorted to what was in the freezer. We ate totinos pizzas. I felt like I was in high school again. Had a whole one to myself and it just reminded me of home. That night when we were walking to our last appointment we almost got hit by a car. It was scary but interesting. It was close but nothing happened. I guess the car just didn't see us when he turned the corner. We had the little white guy on the sign and right as we stepped out he flew around the corner.
Saturday-
this was a fun day. We did our usual meal at the Rios'. It was fun and interesting. The week before they promised us we would have an interesting meal and they delivered. We had chicken feet for lunch. It was surprisingly good. We ate it with fried plantains and cabbage. It was a good experience to try new things. We also taught the whole second lesson to them and it really helped answer a lot of their questions that they had. That night we had dinner at the Michelson’s house. Right before we left the sister asked us if we could bless the house because she felt there was a spirit there. As we said the prayer we both felt this weird feeling leave the house. It was cool. That problem was as we walked home we had this really weird feeling that something was watching us. It was creepy.
Sunday-
this was the best Sunday I have had so far. We had a ton of people we are working with come to church. It was so good to see that the little contact we had with them was enough to get them to come to church that week. We also got a new investigator this week and he just seems golden. It really testified to me that if we work hard the lord will soften people’s heart and we can teach them and bring them into the fold. That night we had a recent convert less active fireside with president belnap. It was so great to hear him speak and hear the testimony of four recent converts. It was too bad that none of the people we were working with came. Virgil Olsen gave us a ride. He is this funny old cowboy. I thought we were going to die because he really shouldn't be driving at night. He is such a funny guy and you can't help but love him. He was telling us about his old cowboy days. He wrote a book about it and we are trying to get a copy of it.
Monday-
we did everything we planned to do. Even get up right on time. We woke up studied and just had a successful day. We walked to the other end of our mission. Contacted a few people and set up times that we can come and teach them. It was really fun. That day we ran into a Spanish lady that seemed really interesting but we could not communicate with her at all. I was trying to remember high school Spanish but I could only think of Mongolian words. I guess that is good in a way. But we spent the rest of the day trying to figure out how to say free DVD as we walked around. It was funny. Last night we went and played soccer for family home evening. We had to part member families there and we just had a good time. I didn't realize how much I miss playing soccer.
Well that is my week in review. I had a good time this week and it was just good getting back to work after the holidays and everything have settled down. I hope everyone is doing good and staying safe.
Love
Elder Scottie draper
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment